Recycle, Repurpose and Reduce, 12 Easy Ideas to Practice at Home
Taking care of our environment is easier than we think: It doesn’t take huge actions to start making changes that positively impact the planet we live in.
Being eco-wise is a celebration of the creativity we are all gifted with as humans; it is also a reaffirmation of our role as good stewards with what we’re given, and our responsibility to pass on these values to the generations to come.
There is a large list of things we can start doing right now to reduce landfill waste and preserve our natural surroundings.
BONUS: If you involve kids, you will be adding hands to these efforts, and eventually it will become their second nature when they’re adults.
Here our selection of small green choices for you to choose your favorite ones and start with new habits from this very moment!
- Use a reusable water bottle —preferably aluminum, glass or BPA-free plastic.
- Prefer cold washing cycles when doing your laundry
- Choose walking or cycling to nearby places
- Repurpose old t-shirts or towels, they’re great cleaning cloths for wood
- Plan your urban / roof garden. Having fresh herbs for your recipes it’s invaluable
- Collect rainwater and water your plants with it
- Reuse cardboard or scrap paper. Your kids are experts turning them into great artworks
- Unplug all the appliances your are not using, specially when you are out of home
- Prefer LED light above regular light bulbs, or choose energy saving bulbs.
- Try to consume as many local products as you can, this saves large amounts of gas/diesel
- Repurpose glass jars
- Find local recycling projects. Most supermarkets provide plastic recycling collection points
As you can see, turning “green” is easier than we thought, and all it takes is a decision.
At Solmar Hotels & Resorts we are continuously making choices to take care of our environment, and impact our staff members to replicate these actions at home.
We recently held the Recycling Contest in our premises, to put the creativity of our staff to the test, and they came up with astounding ideas we want to share with you.
Take a look at the whole list of Solmar Hotels & Resorts green practices.
Have you found these ideas interesting? Please feel free to share with family and friends to continue inspiring others to care for our planet.
Golf Tips and Tricks with Mario Navarro, Head Professional, Rancho San Lucas Golf Club and Alberto Ruiz.
Alignment: On the driving range and on the golf course
Golf is a target sport. Players advance the ball to a fairway, landing area or putting green. Taking dead aim is essential to avoiding hazards and playing good golf.
During these difficult times everyone is looking forward to the return of a more normal lifestyle, including one of life’s greatest joys—TRAVEL!
We’re here to share that it’s still possible to plan for traveling in the future. Vacation has always been a time for relaxation, fun and quality time with friends and family that will last a lifetime.