Swimming with the Biggest Fish in the Sea:
Whale Shark Encounter!
Reaching lengths of +40 feet, whale sharks are part of the fascinating fauna you will find in Cabo during your winter getaway.
Known for their friendliness and pacific temper, swimming with whale sharks is sure to be one of the most thrilling adventures you could jump in, while in Cabo!
Did you know?
- Whale sharks have no teeth, and are one of only three known sharks species that feed from filtering, meaning that these animals just open up their enormous-sized jaws and filter everything that crosses paths with them.
- To human’s fortune, whale sharks’ favorite meal is plankton, scooping these tiny plants along with any small fish that happen to be around as they swim close to the water’s surface.
- Their average life span is 70 years!
- They can be as long as 32.8 feet. (a bit more than a school bus!).
- Whale sharks can weigh up to 20.6 tons.
- Baja California Sur is the place with the highest concentration of whale sharks in the world.
- You can find whale sharks in the region most part of the year, but the best season is during November through February.
Everything about whale sharks is fascinating, from their spotted backs to their giant mouths, so be sure not to miss this experience!
Solmar Hotels & Resorts has gathered an incredible package together, including luxury accommodations, round trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from Los Cabos to La Paz (approximately 2 hours each way), breakfast and snacks. This experience is designed for guests 22+ years old.
Please be sure to book this once-in-a-life-time experience with 48 hours in advance!
Selfless work, dedication and passion are three key factors present in the inspiring work of those striving to create a better world. Just in Los Cabos there are many people, associations and foundations making titanic efforts to help the communities in vulnerable conditions, and to provide empowering tools to build better futures for themselves.
Charming from every angle, Todos Santos is sure to gain a top place on your list of favorite Mexican pueblos. Coastal living, art, culture, casual happenings as well as formal festivals: everything seems to gather in just one place.
The best way to explore a culture is, perhaps, through its gastronomy; enjoying dishes infused with history and flavors that evoke Mexican traditions in every bite.
This is the premise behind the culinary tour visitors and locals alike can experience in Anica, the signature restaurant at Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas.