Swimming with the Biggest Fish in the Sea:
Whale Shark Encounter!
Reaching lengths of +40 feet, whale sharks are part of the fascinating fauna you will find in Cabo during your winter getaway.
Known for their friendliness and pacific temper, swimming with whale sharks is sure to be one of the most thrilling adventures you could jump in, while in Cabo!
Did you know?
- Whale sharks have no teeth, and are one of only three known sharks species that feed from filtering, meaning that these animals just open up their enormous-sized jaws and filter everything that crosses paths with them.
- To human’s fortune, whale sharks’ favorite meal is plankton, scooping these tiny plants along with any small fish that happen to be around as they swim close to the water’s surface.
- Their average life span is 70 years!
- They can be as long as 32.8 feet. (a bit more than a school bus!).
- Whale sharks can weigh up to 20.6 tons.
- Baja California Sur is the place with the highest concentration of whale sharks in the world.
- You can find whale sharks in the region most part of the year, but the best season is during November through February.
Everything about whale sharks is fascinating, from their spotted backs to their giant mouths, so be sure not to miss this experience!
Solmar Hotels & Resorts has gathered an incredible package together, including luxury accommodations, round trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from Los Cabos to La Paz (approximately 2 hours each way), breakfast and snacks. This experience is designed for guests 22+ years old.
Please be sure to book this once-in-a-life-time experience with 48 hours in advance!
5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Solmar Hotels & Resorts
If you are looking for your next vacation getaway, here are 5 reasons why you should choose Solmar Hotels & Resorts as your home away from home.
The season of new beginnings
Spring : The season of new beginnings
Although Los Cabos averages 360 sunny days per year, spring is the season during which nature revives and reinvigorates after the winter months.
Solmar Hotels & Resorts, Home to Magical Pacific Weddings
Leaving nothing to chance and offering the most special stages to celebrate a dream occasion, Solmar Hotels & Resorts is ready to provide luxurious resort amenities along with a team of seasoned planning professionals who will handle all the details for the perfect wedding from the sugar pearls on the cake to that expertly timed click of the camera when you say “I do.”