Recycle, Repurpose and Reduce, 12 Easy Ideas to Practice at Home
Taking care of our environment is easier than we think: It doesn’t take huge actions to start making changes that positively impact the planet we live in.
Being eco-wise is a celebration of the creativity we are all gifted with as humans; it is also a reaffirmation of our role as good stewards with what we’re given, and our responsibility to pass on these values to the generations to come.
There is a large list of things we can start doing right now to reduce landfill waste and preserve our natural surroundings.
BONUS: If you involve kids, you will be adding hands to these efforts, and eventually it will become their second nature when they’re adults.
Here our selection of small green choices for you to choose your favorite ones and start with new habits from this very moment!
- Use a reusable water bottle —preferably aluminum, glass or BPA-free plastic.
- Prefer cold washing cycles when doing your laundry
- Choose walking or cycling to nearby places
- Repurpose old t-shirts or towels, they’re great cleaning cloths for wood
- Plan your urban / roof garden. Having fresh herbs for your recipes it’s invaluable
- Collect rainwater and water your plants with it
- Reuse cardboard or scrap paper. Your kids are experts turning them into great artworks
- Unplug all the appliances your are not using, specially when you are out of home
- Prefer LED light above regular light bulbs, or choose energy saving bulbs.
- Try to consume as many local products as you can, this saves large amounts of gas/diesel
- Repurpose glass jars
- Find local recycling projects. Most supermarkets provide plastic recycling collection points
As you can see, turning “green” is easier than we thought, and all it takes is a decision.
At Solmar Hotels & Resorts we are continuously making choices to take care of our environment, and impact our staff members to replicate these actions at home.
We recently held the Recycling Contest in our premises, to put the creativity of our staff to the test, and they came up with astounding ideas we want to share with you.
Take a look at the whole list of Solmar Hotels & Resorts green practices.
Have you found these ideas interesting? Please feel free to share with family and friends to continue inspiring others to care for our planet.
Life on earth is better thanks to MOM
Mother´s Day celebration is a time when families honor all of their love, efforts and caring; Spending time together, and mothers have a day of rest (By the way, we believe it should be more than one day, at least one week!)
Share Your Experience at Solmar Hotels & Resorts and Enter the Giveaway of a Lifetime!
There are so many ways to discover the beauty of Baja, and if you’ve stayed at one of our stunningly beautiful properties, you’ve lived it in true luxury.
Mother’s Day Getaway at Solmar Hotels & Resorts
As Mother's Day approaches, it's time to start thinking about how to show the special women in our lives how much we appreciate them. At Solmar Hotel & Resorts, we believe there's no better way to celebrate this special day than by treating your mom to a truly unforgettable experience.
That’s awesome. شركة نقل عفش بالرياض