Recycle, Repurpose and Reduce, 12 Easy Ideas to Practice at Home
Taking care of our environment is easier than we think: It doesn’t take huge actions to start making changes that positively impact the planet we live in.
Being eco-wise is a celebration of the creativity we are all gifted with as humans; it is also a reaffirmation of our role as good stewards with what we’re given, and our responsibility to pass on these values to the generations to come.
There is a large list of things we can start doing right now to reduce landfill waste and preserve our natural surroundings.
BONUS: If you involve kids, you will be adding hands to these efforts, and eventually it will become their second nature when they’re adults.
Here our selection of small green choices for you to choose your favorite ones and start with new habits from this very moment!
- Use a reusable water bottle —preferably aluminum, glass or BPA-free plastic.
- Prefer cold washing cycles when doing your laundry
- Choose walking or cycling to nearby places
- Repurpose old t-shirts or towels, they’re great cleaning cloths for wood
- Plan your urban / roof garden. Having fresh herbs for your recipes it’s invaluable
- Collect rainwater and water your plants with it
- Reuse cardboard or scrap paper. Your kids are experts turning them into great artworks
- Unplug all the appliances your are not using, specially when you are out of home
- Prefer LED light above regular light bulbs, or choose energy saving bulbs.
- Try to consume as many local products as you can, this saves large amounts of gas/diesel
- Repurpose glass jars
- Find local recycling projects. Most supermarkets provide plastic recycling collection points
As you can see, turning “green” is easier than we thought, and all it takes is a decision.
At Solmar Hotels & Resorts we are continuously making choices to take care of our environment, and impact our staff members to replicate these actions at home.
We recently held the Recycling Contest in our premises, to put the creativity of our staff to the test, and they came up with astounding ideas we want to share with you.
Take a look at the whole list of Solmar Hotels & Resorts green practices.
Have you found these ideas interesting? Please feel free to share with family and friends to continue inspiring others to care for our planet.
Now that travels seem to be recovering their pace, couples are eager to retake their wedding plans and make it a big celebration while bringing their loved ones together in a beautiful destination and reconnecting with nature.
A story that started over 65 years ago with Don Luis Bulnes and Doña Conchita Malo, a noble-hearted couple who firmly believed that a destination is the exact reflection of its inhabitants, continues to live to these days thanks to the work and passion of Charo Bulnes Malo, president of Solmar Group.
Taking advantage of the Baja landscapes, Rancho San Lucas Golf Club embraces three different ecosystems with several environments that run across huge windswept dunes at the start